March 12, 2012
Posted by Dee Dee Swartz
Another great day at SXSW, I can’t believe it’s almost over already. The highlight of my day today was “A Conversation With Seth MacFarlane.” The discussion touched on MacFarlane’s TV career, his recently released debut album as well as upcoming projects.
The audience was also privy to the first-ever sneak peak of MacFarlane’s upcoming movie Ted, starring Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. Ted is the story of a teddy bear who comes to life as the result of a childhood wish. Many years later, it is revealed that Teddy, voiced by MacFarlane himself, has never left his best friend’s side and John (Wahlberg) is forced to deal with the torment his now pot smoking, fowl-mouthed bear inflicts upon him. While we only caught the first eight minutes, this film looks hysterical. True to MacFarlane’s style.
I’ll leave you with a couple of other fun facts from the panel as well as video of my Q&A with MacFarlane & Wahlberg (pardon the terrible camera quality):
- MacFarlane graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design with a degree in animation and design. At RISD, MacFarlane created his first character from Family Guy, Peter Griffin. Griffin was based on a campus security guard.
- At 24, MacFarlane was the youngest executive producer in television.
- MacFarlane’s debut album, “Music Is Better Than Words” received two Grammy nominations.
- MacFarlane is currently working on a reboot of The Flintstones.
- Family Guy uses a live orchestra for each episode.